Specifications and full tank shot of the Triton Lagoon

Tema en 'NanoReefBlog' comenzado por curvball, 17 Octubre 2012.

1. curvball

curvball CAMarada

Se incorporó:
    12 Junio 2012
    Me gusta recibidos:
    The Triton Lagoon has now been running for a good few months and its settling into the tank I want it to be. In this post, I’ll outline all the technical details of this large 45g nano reef.
    [​IMG]

The Triton Lagoon as a reef aquarium was almost 8-9 months in planning before the final tank design was finalised. I’d like to think the planning has made this system one of my personal best reef aquariums yet. I’ve always had a hand in the design and setup of all my tanks and at times I’ve made things over complicated – as they say, simplicity is alway best.
    The initial concept behind the Triton Lagoon was spawned by my love of Japanese style reef aquariums. From day one, my goal has always been to emulate one of these eastern aquariums. The Japanese influence melded with the clean, elegant lines of Euro style systems such as those created by Leonardo, has given birth to my reef aquarium as it is today. I would like to say a very big thank you to Vince from Aquarium Connections for working very closely with me in getting this to be the tank I wanted it to be, his experience and input has proven invaluable.
    [h=2]Triton Lagoon specifications[/h]
    • Glass aquarium & sump built by Aquarium Connections. Display is 12mm optiwhite glass all round, black silicone, mitred 45degree edges with double white laminated base. Sump is 10mm standard glass.
    • White semi gloss cabinet by Aquarium Cabinet Solutions.
    • Tank size is 900mm x 600mm x 450mm (36″ x 24″ x 18″), water depth of 400mm (16″).
    • Sump size is 800mm x 400mm x 400mm 32″ x 16″ x 16″ split into three chambers.
    • Cabinet is*900mm x 600mm x 800mm (36″ x 24″ x 18″) with dual doors featuring push to open magnetic latches
    • Overflow system: 2 x X-Aqua In-Out’s located in each rear corner of the tank
    • Return pump: Eheim 3000 compact
    • In tank flow: 2 x Tunze 6055, 1 x Tunze Nano Wavebox
    • Protein skimmer: ATB Nano B with Airstar pump
    • Reefkeeping method: Triton system
    • Heating: 2 x 200w AquaMedic Titanium heaters
    • Display lighting*: 2 x 18w Aqualum Par38 lamps, 2 x 7w royal blue Par30 lamps, 2 x 5w multi-colour spotlights, 1 x Zetlight ZP3600
    • Sump lighting*: 1 x 65w 6500K CFL grow lamp with reflector
    • Aquarium control/monitoring: GHL Profilux II
    * More about lighting the Triton Lagoon in posts where I’ll be reviewing various lighting units and discussing my lighting woes.
    [h=2]Day zero to the present[/h]Below is a series of images spanning the life of the Triton Lagoon, from the day Vince came round at the end of April 2012 and setup everything to the very latest full tank image taken just a few days ago in October 2012. Enjoy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will post again more about my experience with the Triton method as well as the livestock that call the Triton Lagoon home. Be sure to ask any questions in the comments below.

Specifications and full tank shot of the Triton Lagoon originally appeared on NanoReefBlog on October 18, 2012.
    Tweet This
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Leer Artículo completo...

¡Ayúdanos! Comparte en:

Cargando...