When that bubble bursts

Tema en 'NanoReefBlog' comenzado por curvball, 11 Noviembre 2012.

1. curvball

curvball CAMarada

Se incorporó:
    12 Junio 2012
    Me gusta recibidos:
    This weekend was a great weekend for the aquarium scene in general here in the UK. The people behind Aquatics Live put on another great event. This post isn’t about the event, more on that later, but instead focuses on expectations and when things really don’t live upto all the hype.
    [​IMG]One aquarium has always been talked about for it’s quality, and those who have seen these tanks have sworn by their luxury high end craftsmanship. It’s often referred to as the Ferrari of the aquarium world, and indeed shares a very common element, they both originate from Italy. I am talking about Elos. That great glass box that oozes perfection and style.
    One of the vendors at Aquatics Live this year had the Elos Midi system up for grabs in a raffle and had the actual system setup at their booth. This is was my very first time seeing an Elos aquarium in the flesh. The bubble burst. The seams were shoddy, the cabinet has bog standard, somewhat tacky, overall, it just wasn’t of the quality I’d come to expect from this respected brand. For the longest time, I’d considered these as the best aquariums in the world based on experiences and photos from owners across the globe. At one point I even contemplated getting one of these systems…
    [​IMG]
    What am I getting at? Lets just say, if the tank didn’t have the signature swish on the front panel and their unique overflow box, I wouldn’t have looked twice. It was not much different to any other tanks on display at the show. Perhaps it’s the name that we’re paying for?*Perhaps I’m being over critical and I’m expecting perfection, but who wouldn’t expect pure 120% perfection when paying the amount of money that high end aquarium gear and equipment command?

When that bubble bursts originally appeared on NanoReefBlog on November 11, 2012.
    Tweet This
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Leer Artículo completo...

¡Ayúdanos! Comparte en:

Cargando...